Sunday 14 October 2012

Artist Bio: Yvonne Ashby


Yvonne Ashby
Artist, Illustrator, designer, Yvonne Ashby has exhibited through Australia and mixed exhibitions, London and Kuala Lumpur. 

Yvonne says “My art changes, currently 
I love linocut, I am obsessed with hand-cutting and colouring images”.






Finalist Waterhouse Natural History Awards, 2012
Winner, Place 2012, Award, 2012
National Winner, Order of Australia “My Vision Quest” 1995

Conservation Statement
I believe my role, as an artist, is to educate; to embrace the natural world, to raise awareness of the beauty of life, and the natural systems.”

Rosa
Creating for Conservation
Yvonne is exhibiting in the Creating for Conservation Art Exhibition 2012. The pieces [pictured] are representative of her work. The pieces Yvonne chooses to exhibit will be available for purchase at the C4C2012 Exhibition only [no online sales]. Proceeds from C4C2012 are dedicated to Chipembele Wildlife Education Trust - Zambia. Please come along on the opening night on 2nd November or over the weekend 2nd November to 4th November to see Yvonne’s work and that of the other fantastic contributing Artists.


Goolwa Beach